Welcome to the Geneva Woods Birth Center
Midwifery & Women’s Health Care (MWHC) and Geneva Woods Birth Center (GWBC) are now completely separate businesses. Clients being seen for prenatal care at 3730 Rhone Circle will not be able to have their babies at GWBC after 9/15/15 if they remain with MWHC for their care. The midwives who remain at Rhone Circle plan to open their own birth center by the end of August.
Barbara Norton, CNM, who founded MWHC in 1995 at Rhone Circle, is moving to a new practice starting 6-1-15 called Geneva Woods Midwifery. Rhonda Johnson, CNM, has joined Barbara and they will be providing care in Wasilla over the summer of 2015, and at Geneva Woods Birth Center in fall 2015. Karin Braun, CNM, co-founder of GWBC, is moving to Arizona this summer, but will remain an owner of GWBC.
If you are pregnant and haven’t started prenatal care yet or you are getting care with a provider other than Midwifery and Women’s Health Care:
- If you are due between 6-1-15 and 9-15-15, you can have your baby with the midwives at Geneva Woods Midwifery at The Birth Place in Wasilla.
- If you are pregnant and due after 9-15-15, you can have your prenatal visits in the valley with the midwives from the Geneva Woods Birth Center, and deliver your baby at the Geneva Woods Birth Center (or Providence Hospital) in Anchorage.
- You can stay with your current provider, and transfer care to Geneva Woods Midwifery on 9-15-15 and have your baby here in Anchorage.
If you are currently pregnant and seeing Midwifery & Women’s Health Care midwives:
- If you are due before September 2015, you can continue care with MWHC and have your baby at the Geneva Woods Birth Center up until 8/31/15.
- If you are due after 9-15-15, you can transfer care to the Geneva Woods Midwifery after that date and have your baby at the Geneva Woods Birth Center.
- You can call us at 561-2626 to explore your options.